Seriously, how does he manage to get the whole class to do this?
"Researchers at the University of Western Australia decided to revamp the way they studied Viking remains. Previously, researchers had misidentified skeletons as male simply because they were buried with their swords and shields. (Female remains were identified by their oval brooches, and not much else.) By studying osteological signs of gender within the bones themselves, researchers discovered that approximately half of the remains were actually female warriors, given a proper burial with their weapons. It’s been so difficult for people to envision women’s historical contributions as solely getting married and dying in childbirth, but you can’t argue with numbers—and fifty/fifty is pretty damn good. The presence of female warriors also has researchers now wondering just how accurate the stereotypes of raping and pillaging actually are: Women may have accompanied male Vikings in those early invasions of England, in much greater numbers than scholars earlier supposed, (Researcher) McLeod concludes. Rather than the ravaging rovers of legend, the Vikings arrived as marriage-minded colonists."
A few of my personal methods, and by no means a complete list.
- Salt, rosemary, and water wash. Combine salt, rosemary, and water into a large bowl. Visualize protective and cleansing energies entering the bowl. Be specific in what you want to be protected from. Use the…
if i lay here
if i just lay here
would you lie with me and marathon the extended edition lord of the rings trilogy
Vintage photos from the library of congress capture a time when the country ran on womanpower
Caitlin Stasey being the hero we all deserve.
where do i sign up to become an amazon
what ableism is
- actively making fun of disabled people
- deliberately triggering someone’s mental illnesses (such as doing something to mess with their ocd, or trying to trigger a mood swing if they’re bipolar, trying to trigger a breakdown if they have anxiety issues)
- asking a disabled person to do something they obviously can’t for the sake of humor and cheap laughs
- using them as the butt of a joke
what ableism isn’t
- a teenager calling someone on the internet stupid
Do not perform any kind of magic on a person or for a person without their express permission.
Do not tell someone you don’t know, "Oh hey I got this message from [blank]".
Ask for consent. Do not think for a moment that a harmless message is even remotely okay.